You may already be a fan of its celebrated flavour, but do you know how Bagnes cheese is made? Discover the secret to how artisanal tomme cheese is made – a one-of-a-kind experience in the region.
The cheese workshop is run by Marc, who took on the reins of the Verbier dairy from his father. Thanks to Marc’s expertise and passion for his work, you’ll have no trouble at all stepping into the shoes of an apprentice cheesemaker. Each workstation has its own cooking pot, which you will use to make your own Bagnes tomme (one cheese per workstation). You’ll follow the production process from A to Z, benefiting from Marc’s explanations at each step along the way. While the cheese is draining in the colander, you’ll get the chance to try some of the dairy’s other products, including vieux bagnes, tomme and other house specialities. At the end of the workshop, you can take home the tomme you made with your own hands or leave it to mature at the dairy.
Details of the activity:
What do I need to do?
- The activity will take place with min. 5 and max. 20 people.
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
1. Stop by the Verbier or Le Châble tourist offices for sign-up and payment until Friday 4 pm.
2. Meet at the Laiterie de Verbier
on Sadurday at 5 pm.
3. Step into the shoes of a cheesemaker for two and a half hours and discover all of the stages involved in making cheese.
4. The activity ends at 7 pm.
Conditions of participation:
Booking required and payment at the tourist office of Verbier or Le Châble.
Reservations cannot be made by phone or email.
Details of cancellation:
No refunds will be given to customers who cancel less than 24 hours before the start of the activity.
For groups request possibility of a tailor made workshop
Registration open from December 1st 2019