Entretiens de Verbier
Switzerland's place in a divided Europe.
In 2017 and 2018, the Verbier Talks successively addressed the possible consequences of Brexit for Switzerland, as well as the evolution of European Union policy and its significance for Switzerland.
On 5 January 2019, several personalities will address a sensitive issue. What is Switzerland's place in a Europe united by major economic objectives and divided on contradictory political visions?
The combination of protectionist practices and sovereignist tendencies raises the question of what Switzerland's values are in this context and how to maintain its prosperity.
Among other questions, is it imperative to perpetuate the relationship with the EU and, if so, in what way?
Several Swiss politicians and experts in European affairs will discuss this theme and answer questions from the audience:
- Micheline Calmy-Rey, former Federal Councillor
- Roberto Balzaretti, State Secretary for European Affairs
- David O'Sullivan, EU Ambassador to the United States
- Joachim Son-Forget, Deputy in the French National Assembly
- Pierre-Alain Grichting, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Banque Cantonale du Valais
- Romain Clivaz, political journalist at the RTS
- Jean Russotto, lawyer, Steptoe & Johnson in Brussels
The conference is open to the public. Prior registration is required either with the secretary of the Friends of Verbier, Mrs Anne Gachoud (by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 079 357 19 46) or with the Tourist Office, Verbier (by email: email@example.com or by telephone 027 775 38 88).
Téléverbier will provide transport to and from Le Châble from Médran for participants residing in Verbier.
Parking is available in front of the Espace St-Marc in Le Châble, with appropriate signage.
A cocktail reception will be offered at the end of the conference.
For more information, please contact André Gorgemans (firstname.lastname@example.org).