The Musée de Bagnes has settled in well in Le Châble, the capital of the municipality of Bagnes. In the old parish house next to the church, it has found a site that is rich in historic significance; whilst the building’s current incarnation took shape in the 17th century, parts of the walls date back to the start of the 13th century. The venerable old building, which has been expanded and refurbished over the centuries, was renovated and transformed into an exhibition venue in 1984. Since then, it has regularly hosted both local artists and themed exhibitions. Featuring a bedroom with an extraordinary mural of the crucifixion (1627), wood-panelled rooms with decorative ceiling mouldings (16th–17th century), an exquisite painted ceiling dating back to the start of the 18th century and a number of soapstone furnaces, the old parish house is a truly privileged setting for the exhibitions at the Musée de Bagnes.