Practical advice and safety
The suggested itineraries on this website are undertaken at the exclusive responsibility of each and every person. Verbier/Val de Bagnes - La Tzoumaz cannot be held responsible in any manner whatsoever in the event of an accident. All cyclists embarking on a route are responsible for themselves, their companions and the environment they are in.
Behaviour rules on MTB itineraries:
- Wear a helmet and adequate protective clothing.
- Check that your equipment is in good repair. Anticipate a repair kit.
- Pedestrians have priority. Watch out for hikers and walkers: be pleasant and get off your bike if necessary.
- Stay on signposted trails and respect trail closures and warnings.
- Remain in control of your speed and slow down before you reach an intersection.
- Slow down in villages and hamlets.
- Do not cut corners.
- Respect the fauna and flora.
- Close gates and fences behind you to protect livestock.
- Pick up your waste.
Bike Park rules:
- Leave nothing but your tracks: stay on the MTB tracks, do not take short cuts between bends and pick up your waste.
- Be properly equipped: wear a full face helmet, back and knee protection.
- Use the correct equipment for your trail: use a full-suspension MTB, not a hardtail MTB.
- Remain in control of your speed, be prepared to slow down.
- Stop in appropriate places, besides tracks.
- Be careful of the other riders: allow more experienced riders to overtake as soon as possible! Experienced riders have to ask politely to move aside.