See photos (3)

Hôtel de Mauvoisin

Hotel - restaurant in Mauvoisin
  • Mountain hotel located at the bottom of the Mauvoisin dam.

  • The Mont-Voisin hotel was built in 1863 by Jean-Marie Bruchez, Eugène Besse and François-Benjamin Carron. These three men built the first tourist building in the Haut Val de Bagnes. Until spring 2008, the hotel was run by the Carron family and their descendants, following a long family tradition.

    In 1946, the hotel was renovated for the first time. In 1952, the capacity of the hotel was doubled and running water and heating were installed. In the 1950s, the history of the hotel was marked...
    The Mont-Voisin hotel was built in 1863 by Jean-Marie Bruchez, Eugène Besse and François-Benjamin Carron. These three men built the first tourist building in the Haut Val de Bagnes. Until spring 2008, the hotel was run by the Carron family and their descendants, following a long family tradition.

    In 1946, the hotel was renovated for the first time. In 1952, the capacity of the hotel was doubled and running water and heating were installed. In the 1950s, the history of the hotel was marked by the gigantic construction of the Mauvoisin dam. More than 1000 workers gathered in the village of Mauvoisin to build the wall.

    Today, the hotel is owned by the Commune of Bagnes. The preservation of its history and the continuity of its operation are the main objectives to date.
    Rental of equipment for the Via Ferrata, harness, helmet, lanyard.
  • Environment
    • Isolated
  • Capacity
    • People :  22 Person(s)
    • Bedrooms :  11 Bedroom(s)
  • Spoken languages
    • French
Services
  • Activities
    • Fauna - flora
  • Equipment
    • Car park
    • Restaurant
  • Services
    • Equipment hire
    • Fitted kitchen
    • Dining area
    • Restaurant on site
    • Cold room
    • Family Reception/drinks reception
    • Exhibition/trade fair
    • Seminar/meeting
Nos suggestions