img-name-mising

The Church in Verbier-Station

Historic site and monument, Religious heritage, Church at Verbier Station 
  • This is dedicated to the sorrowful and immaculate heart of Mary.

    Designed by Jean Ellenberger, an architect from Geneva, who gave it a rounded form resembling a chalice, it was built between 1959 and 1961 and consecrated in 1969 by Bishop Nestor Adam who also blessed the bells. The chapel was consecrated on 15 August at the feast of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary.

    The big bell in the key C-sharp is dedicated to Our Lady Mother of the Church, the medium-sized one in the key D to...
    This is dedicated to the sorrowful and immaculate heart of Mary.

    Designed by Jean Ellenberger, an architect from Geneva, who gave it a rounded form resembling a chalice, it was built between 1959 and 1961 and consecrated in 1969 by Bishop Nestor Adam who also blessed the bells. The chapel was consecrated on 15 August at the feast of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary.

    The big bell in the key C-sharp is dedicated to Our Lady Mother of the Church, the medium-sized one in the key D to Saint Anne and the small one in the key F to Saint Augustine.

    Inside the building, the large, ancient cross near to the altar resembles “Croix-de-Cœur” and “Croix de la Chaux”. Masses as well as oecumenical ceremonies take place here, and, since 1994, various concerts of the Verbier Festival and Festival Academy.
  • Spoken languages
Our suggestions