Fregnoley Chapel

Historic site and monument, Religious heritage, Chapel in Lourtier
  • During 1920 to 1930, two Luisier brothers generously gave their time and independently took on the construction of an oratory which they dedicated to St Hubert, the patron saint of hunters.

  • They managed to complete the structural works, and from this first step the current “Saint Joseph” oratory was born, a humble place of comfort, where a single annual Mass is celebrated on 1 May, the saint day of Saint Joseph, the craftsman.
  • Spoken languages
    • French